Sunday 29 November 2015

OUT AND ABOUT: Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour

Like so many, Christmas officially begun for me the other day whilst watching TV. Indeed, for the first time this year, I saw Coca-Cola's iconic truck advert roll on to screen. Admittedly, with all the editing, today's advert feels tragically short; however, I still can't help myself being carried away on a festive wave of nostalgia.  

Here's one of the advert's longer versions:



Of course, the appeal of this advert is something shared by many the world over and, mindful of this, Coca-Cola have transformed their truck in to a true marketing sensation. One such example of this is the 'Truck Tour' in which the vehicle stops by select UK destinations for people to come and see it. 

Luckily, one destination is my local town and with the truck stopping by yesterday I popped down as it started to get dark for the full effect. Accompanying the truck were Coca-Cola representatives handing out drinks, a free photo stand for youngsters and singers belting out Christmas tunes, including 'Holidays are coming'. With the town also lit up for Christmas and a few other things going on it was great fun and I'm sure a particularly memorable moment for all the children out with their families.

Anyway, here are some of the photos I took:






BRAND LINKS
Coca-Cola UK Website
Coca-Cola UK Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment