Saturday 16 April 2016

PACKAGING UPDATE: Pieminister Moo Pie



For those unaware, Pieminister, founded in 2003, is a British company that runs a number of pie shops in the UK and retails its range via select supermarkets and stores. I haven't seen their products for a while now because my local supermarket has seemingly stopped stocking them. However, out and about the other week, I managed to get a hold of their Moo pie and noticed some distinct changes. 

On the packaging front, it still has a fun, informal edge but the mature overtones are more pronounced. As for the ingredients, whilst I still thoroughly enjoyed the pie, there are plenty of little changes, including: a one percent drop in both the steak and ale components - not so good but the difference certainly wasn't noticeable; the ditching of vegetable suet - semi-good as they haven't replaced it with proper suet; and the inclusion of leeks and mushrooms - something I must admit I didn't detect at all when eating. Anyway, here's all the pictures and, if you wish, the old packaging is viewable here.


No comments:

Post a Comment